03 May 2011

r.i.f. osama bin laden (1957-2011)

After hearing Jon Stewart's commentary, I agree that---(if there's a Hell)---Osama Bin Laden is roasting in it....

(Doesn't mean I have to agree with how he was sent there....)

I simply don't understand life in an uber-militarized nation....
(I grew up in England... (... where people choose to be polite...).)

As Stewart moved from the funny first five minutes into the emotion-laden material, I even found myself beginning to justify the personal nature of the killing....
(... that the U.S. government had---(at least)---killed Bin Laden with a personal touch....)
(... with a bullet instead of a bomb....)

By the end of the show, Jon Stewart's demeanor had fully embodied itself in two of his closing words: "Pure id."
(I wasn't disappointed or surprised though....)

... because, I'm sure---(without experiencing the same)---that the human id is gravely affected by skyscrapers collapsing in a nearby neighborhood....
(... not that I can relate....)

When the events of September 11, 2001 reached me in Australia, I had just gone to bed....
(... having already lived most of my September 11th....)

Em & I were near sleep when her mom called to tell us what was---(at that very moment)---happening on the other side of the world....

(Thus, my id cannot properly relate to that of a contemporary New Yorker....)
(... nor the People who lost loved-ones on that day....)

Having said that, I can't seem to get past the point that Our own militarized nation was partly responsible for creating Osama Bin Laden... (... to commit systematic murder...).

... & that Our own militarized nation has now destroyed Osama Bin Laden... (... with more systematic murder...).

...which means the People should share in the blame... (... for permitting a government that creates monsters...).

(But, hey....)
(If it helps to pretend....)
(Go on & pretend that Bin Laden wasn't once human....)

I see the murder of Osama Bin Laden---(& the resulting celebration)---as confirmation of what Jon Stewart admitted to:

Pure id....
... proof that U.S. Americans have officially known the id-rattling effects of terrorism....
(...giving them reason to forget the destruction that their own nation has created elsewhere....)

(... & maybe now---(with the eventual closure of 9/11 in motion)---We can begin to reconsider some of those bombs we drop on other Peoples...?)

Stewart's wise-crack about the erect State of Florida was more accurate than he realized....
(... the unconscious, sexual nature of Our nation's military phallus....)

After tonight's Daily Show, I wonder---(even more than before)---if the killing of Bin Laden will offer any more closure than an unsatisfactory prison execution....

(Or...,)
(Maybe We'll continue thinking with our erect inventions...?)

I do not wish to imply that Jon Stewart was off his game tonight....
(... nor that he was unjustified....)

In fact, his thoughtful interview with the guest would suggest surprising rational function....
(... despite his id-charged emotional state...).

I only wish to admit that---(having been disappointed last night by Obama's predictable victory speech)---I merely wanted Jon Stewart to give me some hope tonight....

I wanted him to ponder the life & death of Osama Bin Laden as I do....
(... namely, one more reason to reconsider the military-industrial complex....)

(Then again...,)
(I wasn't even in the country for 9/11....)

Luckily---(for my sake)---I had underestimated the fool that remained....

(Thank you, Mr. Colbert....)

... which leaves only the matter of Osama Bin Laden's remains....

...

And so---(to you)---Osama Bin Laden... (... currently roasting in flames...),
I say this:

May you soon be cleansed of your human nonsense....
(... & the human nonsense inflicted upon you & your neighbors....)

... so that the U.S. American People may sooner move on....

(... & discover the errors in Our own practices....)


Cheers,

da zimdog


No comments: